All went well when she emerged. She pumped out her wings, flicked her proboscis back and forth and, about 4 hours later, she seemed ready to go. She took off over the valley and then circled back towards one of our trees. I thought she was going to land on the tree somewhere, but then she flew straight into a big cobweb, just below our deck.
There she was hanging upsidedown in the cobweb, wings outstretched, quite unable to free herself.
I rushed to below the cobweb and managed to reach it with a long stick and carefully brought the butterfly down.
It took a long time, however I managed to carefully remove the majority of the cobweb from her, poor thing. One feeler and a leg were all tied up with cobweb and there was fine cobweb twisted around in other areas.
I used a toothpick to pull the cobweb away and I think I got it all.
For the rest of the day she rested, with a friend, on a rope attached to the sail over our deck.
Later in the afternoon they both flew off, all fine and dandy.