The beauty of this system is that -
- You can make these from plastic bottles you have at home
- They are cheap, quick and easy to make
- Your seeds will readily grow and not dry out
You will need -
- Empty plastic bottles, with a screw-on lid, that have previously held a non-toxic liquid.
Soft drink or water bottles are best. The bottle needs to have flat sides and a flat firm base to ensure it will not tip over. 1.5L size, or larger is preferred.
- Thin strips of 100% cotton woven or knitted fabric, or 100% cotton string of moderate thickness, for the wick.
- Sharp blade knife or scissors (this is for cutting the bottle).
- A Drill, or similar, for making a hole in the lid to pass the wick through.